Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Adhocism



This is the book I found in the Richmond Virginia downtown Public Library in the room on all the Arts in the midseventies and would look through - although I didn't read anything that I remembered inside, it was a book I used a little as an image bank and was fascinated with as part of the tenor of the times, and the images were so compelling as drawn from so many periods and new ideas just currently developing, a well of past and possible future Ad Hoc accomplishment. I have refound it at the New York Public Library in downtown Manhattan. It certainly still speaks to the DIY spirit still pertinent to countercultures, subcultures and cultures still dealing with colonialization everywhere, however it does lack a certain recognition of what preceded it in the most latter category, dealing more with class origins rather than roots of DIY.

No comments:

Post a Comment